Sunday 1 September 2013

A Dinner A Day Challenge: Day 1




White fish and savoury rice.

Rather than buying cod or haddock as we usually do, I decided to buy 'white fish' from the supermarket. I thought it might not be as tasty as the more expensive options but for the sake of research we gave it a try. On closer inspection of the packaging at home I found that the fish was Pollock.

I found that the fish was just as tasty as any other I have bought in the past. I didn't flavour it at all to be able to truly taste it and it didn't need any seasoning even on the plate.

The savoury rice was Asda Smart Price and is really tasty. I add a small dash of soy sauce to this just before serving.

A really easy, simple meal that everyone enjoyed.

Cost: £2.52 for a family of four

No comments:

Post a Comment